We study acne in this episode - a common skin problem that affects almost everyone at some time during their life. Acne is a skin condition that has a number of causes, with a number of factors leading to it. It's extremely common especially in adolescents and young adults. Eight out of ten Australians will develop acne during their life with about 5% experiencing severe acne.
This episode explores
- what causes acne,
- how to recognise the different types of acne, and
- discusses the treatment options now available.
Associate Professor Alvin Chong & Dr Tom Kovi examine acne with a senior consultant dermatologist, Dr Belinda Welsh, who has a sub-specialty interest in acne, . Dr Welsh has over 20 years of experience as a practicing dermatologist with a special interest in acne, laser therapy and managing acne scar.
Download the transcripts of this episode:
- Acne - Skin Health Institute community information
- #PROJECTACNE - a program designed for schools to provide students with reliable information about acne and skin care.
- All About Acne - a community resource with up-to-date, practical and relevant information on acne-related matters
- Acne - Dermnet, NZ
- Acne - The A - Z of Skin, The Australasian College of Dermatologists
- See also
- Humerus Hacks, an excellent podcast series for medical students
- Learn Derm podcasts for dermatology providers (US based)
Please rate and review this podcast.
We would really appreciate your feedback. This will help us to develop Spot Diagnosis for all our listeners.
If you like it, share it too.
SPOT DIAGNOSIS MAILING LIST
Subscribe to the Spot diagnosis mailing list to be kept in the loop regarding new episodes, additional resources, and more!